The 2022 soccer season has been nothing short of phenomenal. We’ve enjoyed thrills, seen dramatics, felt heartbreak, and been inspired. And, if you’ve been paying attention, you’ll know there have been some pretty amazing interviews too. In no particular order, here are our top five interview quotes from 2022.
- “Hard work and practice, it is no secret.” – Harry Kane on what makes him a successful player.
- “Believe you’re worth it. Believe you’re worth the investment.” – Mia Hamm on advice for young players.
- “People never ask me what kind of legacy I want to have at a football club, but I once got asked what I want to have on my gravestone. Honestly, if it was like, ‘He was a nice fella,’ that would absolutely be enough because all the rest is… That’s actually my only real concern: that I don’t have to know other people down to be successful. It’s never happened so far, so I won’t start it now.” – Jurgen Klopp on his Liverpool legacy.
- “It’s my joy to play football. When I enjoy it, I win football games and score goals. I always want to have fun.” – Erling Haaland on what makes him a successful player.
- “There was so much purpose inside what I was doing. It wasn’t just about me; it was about that little girl or boy in the stands. We were activists who didn’t necessarily know it all the time. We were playing sports, but really what we were doing was revolutionary in many ways.” – Abby Wambach on her soccer career.
- Tags: LIFESTYLE